This version in effect since 13 October 2016
1. By using the Website, you signify your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you may not use the Website.
Information automatically collected
2. Non-Identifiable Information – Like many other Websites, the Website automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding Website users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to the Website, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Website you visit, the Website pages accessed and information viewed., and the materials you post to or download from the Website. This non-identifiable information is used for Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Website. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
3. Cookies – The Website uses “cookies”, a technology that installs information on a Website user’s computer to permit the Website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website, to track your activity at the Website in order to respond to your needs, to offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, to automatically populate online forms with your personal information for your convenience, and to otherwise facilitate your Website experience.
Advertisements displayed on the Website may also contain cookies or other technologies. Those advertisements may be provided by third party advertising companies, and HKCPC does not have any control over, or any responsibility or liability for, the cookies or other technologies used in the advertisements or for the use and disclosure of information collected through advertisement cookies.
You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Website and your ability to access or use certain Website features.
Personal information you specifically provide
4. Your Personal Information – During your use of the Website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number) and information regarding any HKCPC customer or other person you represent, for purposes such as facilitating communications with you, applying for access to certain special features or areas of the Website, carrying out transactions, or facilitating your use of the Website. If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, you will not be able to use the Website.
5. Use of Your Personal Information – HKCPC may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your communications, to process transactions and charge for services, to facilitate and enhance your use of the Website, to provide you with information and services requested through the Website, and as otherwise permitted by law. HKCPC may develop a confidential user profile for you, which will be used to facilitate your use of the Website. Additionally, HKCPC may keep a record of all communications with you.
6. Emails from HKCPC – If you contact HKCPC or otherwise indicate that you would like to receive email from HKCPC, then HKCPC may send to you, from time to time, email or other communications containing information about HKCPC and other matters (including third party products or services) it believes will interest you. At any time you may ask Positive Change to stop sending you email and other information by contacting email@example.com. Also, each email HKCPC sends to you will tell you how to decline further email. From time to time, HKCPC may also send you email containing important information regarding the Website, which you may not opt out of receiving.
7. Tracking Information – HKCPC may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding Website user demographics and the use of the Website, and then provide those reports to others. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. HKCPC also may link tracking information with Website users’ personal information. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as personal information and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this Policy.
8. Disclosure of Your Personal Information – HKCPC may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
(i) Disclosure to Authorizing Persons – If your access to certain areas of the Website has been authorized by a HKCPC customer or other person, HKCPC may provide your personal information to that authorizing person. HKCPC has no control over authorizing persons’ use of your personal information, and that use is not necessarily subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to the person who has authorized your use of the Website, you may not use the Website.
(ii) Disclosure to Affiliates – HKCPC may provide your personal information to its affiliated businesses for employment-related purposes or for use in connection with matters relating to your use of the Website. HKCPC has no control over its affiliated businesses’ use of your personal information, and that use is not necessarily subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to certain or any affiliated businesses, you may not use the Website.
(iv) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure – HKCPC may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where HKCPC has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to their legal counsel.
9. Location of Information – HKCPC will store and process your personal information in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, or, from time to time, in other locations that HKCPC decides are necessary or convenient in order to provide you with efficient and effective service.
10. Securing Your Information – due to the nature of Internet technologies, security and privacy risks cannot be eliminated and HKCPC cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
11. Accessing Your Personal Information – You may request access to your personal information and information about HKCPC ‘s collection, use and disclosure of that information by contacting Positive change at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You can help HKCPC maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying HKCPC of any changes to your personal information.
12. Website Use Agreement – The Website Use Agreement governing your use of the Website contains important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting or excluding the liability of HKCPC and others for your use of the Website, and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding your use of the Website. Each of those provisions applies to any disputes that may arise in relation to this Policy and the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, and are of the same force and effect as if they had been reproduced directly in this Policy.
13. Former Users – If you stop using the Website or your permission to use the Website is terminated, HKCPC may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time.
14. Other Websites – The Website may contain links to other Websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another Website or Internet resource that may collect information about you voluntarily or through cookies or other technologies. HKCPC has no responsibility, liability for, or control over those other Websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of those other Websites and Internet resources to understand how they collect and use information.
16. Contests and Promotions – If contests or promotions are made available through the Web Site, the applicable contest or promotion rules may include rules regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. To the extent that those specific rules conflict with this Policy, the contest or promotion rules will govern regarding personal information collected regarding the particular contest or promotion.
17. Your Comments – If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please contact HKCPC at email@example.com.